A, B modules
What is the amount of time needed to finish A group modules?
The first four semesters (two years) of Your studies.
What number of A group modules I have to take?
There are four subgroups in A group modules. Student has to take at least one module from every subgroup, except the subgroup that student is studying in (minimum 16 credits). Student can choose from these subgroups:
- Biomedical, physical and technology sciences
- Humanitarian sciences
- Social sciences
How many modules I have to take from A group foreign languages subgroup?
Min 12 credits – max 24 credits.
How many English language levels I have to take?
These are the rules for studying English:
- the ones who start studying English from higher than A1 level has to reach C1 level
- the ones who start studying English from A1 level have to reach B2 level
- the ones who has already reached level C1 has to study higher level of English language or can choose other foreign language that takes no less than 12 credits
Do I have to study foreign language if I already reached C1 level in English?
What to do if I have free credits for foreign language?
You can use those credits for getting higher level of English, for other foreign languages or for optional subjects.
How many B group modules I have to take?
There are 16 credits for this group. Student can use these credits choosing not only from B group but from A group as well. Modules list is published every academic year.
Is it possible not to take any module from B group?
Yes. But instead of B group student has to take modules from optional subjects list. If student is studying in individual study programme Academia cum laude, then B group modules can be covered by individual study programme modules.
Do I have to take IT classes at university?
Yes if student:
- doesn’t have ECDL certificate
- did not pass the IT exam
- did not pass or missed the IT test in University
Where to find a study timetable?
In studentas.vdu.lt system -> Registration -> Study courses -> VMU timetable