Vytautas Magnus University Student Council (VMU) President – council’s chef. The man who is responsible for what is happening in the student’s representative council and beyond. This is the person who represents the VMU Students’ Representative council not only in the university, but throughout Lithuania. This is the man who almost lives in the council, but if someone goes and can not find him, he must participate in an important meeting or resting, in that case, Vice President replaces him.
Vytautas Magnus University Student Council President is elected by all the VMU students in a one-year term.
VMU President’s duties are very responsible, requiring a lot of time and effort, because VDU Student Council President represents all university students in the following organs:
- Rector of the University;
- VMU Council;
- VMU Senate;
- Lithuanian Students’ Union Council;
- VMU Ethics and Dispute Committee;
- A wide range of working groups, which are directly or indirectly related to the students;
Another interesting thing is, that VMU Student Council President, on council’s birthday, in front of the the Rector, Vice-Rectors, lecturers and students take an oath to work diligently and in good faith, signs the oath and is handed the presidential regalia.
At present, the VMU Student Council President is Ieva Vengrovskaja.
Over the many organization years the VMU Students’ council has a great club of presidents. These are people who have been representations chefs:
- 1994-1995 – Mindaugas Danys
- 1995-1996 – Egidijus Buika
- 1996-1997 – Kastytis Federavičius
- 1997-1998 – Valdas Rupšys
- 1998-1999 – Paulius Lukševičius
- 1999-2000 – Donatas Nėnius
- 2000-2001 – Mindaugas Valinevičius
- 2001-2002 – Arūnas Malinovskis
- 2003-2004 – Jonas Okunis
- 2004-2005 – Tomas Niurka
- 2005-2008 – Mantas Simanavičius
- 2008-2009 – Mažvydas Karalius
- 2009-2011 – Donatas Juodpusis
- 2011-2013 – Paulius Baltokas
- 2013-2015 – Justinas Petkus
- 2015-2016 – Mindaugas Grigas
- 2016-2017 – Eigirdas Sarkanas
- 2017-2019 – Greta Šmaižytė
- 2019-2021 – Paulius Vaitiekus
- since 2021 – Ieva Vengrovskaja